09 January, 2012

FeelUnique January Beauty Box

Hey guys,

I know I'm on a roll today ... 3 posts in one go! I'm just trying to get a kick start in this blogging-malarky and hopefully will soon get a list of followers. :)

Anyway, a couple of days ago I received my first ever beauty box in the post and oh how excited I was! There are a lot of "beauty box" type things out there and I have been thinking about it for a while, in the end i decided to go for the Feel Unique beauty box. Compared to other versions out there that provide testers of high-end products that are very expensive, this one contains products that are reasonably priced and are great quality. I wanted to subsribe to a box that will allow me to test products that I would actually be willing to go and purchase at their full price.

So here it is...



1. Dead Sea Spa Magik Salt brushing
This product is applied to dry skin before bathing or showering. I personally don't bathe a lot and prefer to shower, this made it a bit difficult to massage the product into my skin whilst allowing the majority of it to fall onto the floor! I can imagine this would be a lot easier if you were standing in a bath... anyway, I am quite impressed with this product. It was nice to indulge and feel like I was at a spa in my own home. I personally have quite dry/sensitive skin and this left my skin feeling lovely and soft - it also helped to exfoliate the driest areas and takes away all dead skin and dry patches. I will definitely be testing this product again.

2. Lierac Silky Moisture Gel-Cream
Not sure what to make of this product yet. The box contained only one packet which I have tested and can't make up my mind on it. As this product is a gel-cream it is quite thick in consistency and felt dense on my skin. I think I will just stay clear of this product but wouldn't say any negatives about it as I haven't used it enough.

3. Lierac creme mesolift (anti-aging radiance)
I really like this product so far. I applied it to my face (dry) after a good deep cleanse. Although I don't feel like I'm quite at the age that I need to be using anti-aging products I really like using this cream as a way to moisturize my face. It is lovely and light in texture and unlike other products that can either dry out my skin or leave it feeling too oily.. this one is very nice :) I checked it out on the FeelUnique website and it retails for £26.80 (for 50ml tub), although this is quite expensive just to moisturize my face I think I will go ahead and purchase this product when I finish the tester.

4. Caudalie - Nourishing Body Lotion
Another lovely product! I have used this three times now after showering and I am very impressed. As mentioned before, I have quite dry/sensitive skin. This makes it difficult for me when choosing skincare products as I find a lot leave me with redness or just do not agree with my skin. This particular product is lovely and light and has a really nice fresh smell. I will also be purchasing this one once the tester is finished. This retails at £13.75 on the FeelUnique website.

5. Phyto Express conditioner for colour-treated/highlighted hair
This product has been a confusing one for me. I have previously seen blog posts about this and a lot of girls out there seem to like this product. Although I have only used it a couple of times so far, i don't think I will continue. I have been gifted with naturally soft and shiny hair and unfortunately after using this product my hair didn't look so wonderful and possibly slightly oily. I will not make any negative comments about this as I haven't used it enough but I will just stick to my good old Dove shampoo and conditioner :)

6. This works - Clean skin daily wash
And finally, the last of my lovely wee testers. I have used this face wash a couple of times now and it is quite nice. It has a nice smell and felt smooth on my skin. However, I am one of the millions of fans of the Liz Earle products and I am going to stick with my Hot cloth cleanser and exfoliator.

Overall, I am impressed with my first ever beauty box. I will continue to test these products and will keep you updated if I change my mind about any of them. I am really getting into skincare at the moment so I am also experimenting with some other products that I received over the Christmas period... I will share these with you at a later date once I have made my mind up about them.

If you have any suggestions of skincare products or even just to share your thoughts about these products feel free to comment below.

Do you subscribe to any beauty boxes?

Enjoy,
GEM x

No comments:

Post a Comment